The Deadline opens with Kershaw’s KVT ball-bearing system. But a manual system like that has to have detent—often strong detent—to keep the blade in the handle until the user opens it. When the blade is fully closed, a depression in the blade is engaged by a ball partially embedded in the liner or handle. The interaction of ball and depression keeps the blade closed. But sometimes the detent can be too strong. The answer is our new Tuned Detent System (TDS). TDS puts the detent ball on the front scale of the knife in an inset steel plate. This plate enables us to “fine tune” the detent so that it’s perfect—not too heavy, not too light.
- Modified Wharncliffe blade offers simple, sturdy cutting capabilities
- Tuned Detent System (TDS™) enable us to fine tune the detent so it’s not too heavy, not too light
- 8Cr13MoV blade takes a sharp edge and is easy to re-sharpen when needed; two-toned finish adds a distinctive look
- Manual opening with easy KVT ball-bearing opening
- Two-toned finished steel handle with cold-forged handle texture ensures a secure grip
- Blade Length: 8.3cm
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
- Blade Finish/Coating: Titanium carbo-nitride
- Blade Thickness: 2.9 mm
- Closed Length: 10.8 cm
- Handle Material: Stainless steel
- Handle Thickness: 9.4 mm
- Overall Length: 19.1 cm
- Weight: 133 g
- Designer: Matt Diskin
- Blade Style: Wharncliffe
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Opening Action: Manual KVT ball bearings
- Opens With: Flipper
- Lock Type: Inset liner lock
- Pocketclip: Reversible deep-carry (right/left, tip-up)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ziptac users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.